Introduction

W. Guy Thomas mrguytx at austin.rr.com
Fri Jun 24 01:50:53 UTC 2005

Hello, my name is Guy also known as 'misfit-toy' on #fedora.
An unfortunate choice of nicks made while my daughter was watching
rudolph the rednose reindeer.

In any case, I am joining in here at the direction of mether and quaid
to bring up two web sites I have that are devoted to fedora and see what
direction I should take, if any...

The 1st site is http://fedorasolved.com which is what I call a 'reverse
forum' in which there are no questions, only answers. Users post issues
they have resolved themselves. There are no followup questions unless a
'fix' post is called into question.

The 2nd site is one formed recently by a number of independent website
owners such as myself in the hopes of getting some kind of cohesion
amongst us 'third party' sites. http://fedorasolved.com/fccp

I suppose my first question is one of authenticity? i.e. do you think
these sites are valid in the eyes of fedora-marketing and should they
continue as is, or change, or close?

Fedorasolved is getting quite a bit of traffic lately as people pick up
on it, but I have avoided 'self promotion'.

Are there any plans to incorporate listings of private websites such as
mine and others or are we on our own or are we stepping on toes here?

Just a few starter questions.

Hope to participate here.
Thanks for your consideration.

p.s. I am posting this identical email to fedora-docs but not
cross-posting it, so if you are on both lists forgive me for the
duplication.

--
W. Guy Thomas <mrguytx at austin.rr.com>