Cool Fedora schwag idea

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 21:22:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 17:01 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 6/27/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> > We should also consider having a competition for the default
> > desktop wallpaper, sound themes, etc for the FC5 release.
>
> +1, but i'd say limit it to just the desktop wallpaper the first time
> around. I'll re-iterate my previous idea. Have a competition with a
> pre-defined panel of expert judges. The experts come up with a theme
> for the competition and review in-coming submissions for basic good
> taste and technical merit. The panel of judges picks a winner, and
> then takes the top 10 or so runner up submissions and places them in
> public competition for community's choice. The official winner is used
> as the default background and the community's choice is provided as an
> alternative selection.

... or actually, the first contest we really need is for a logo.  Even I
can make up a background if we get an okay logo.

This was also one of the top things that was brought up during the BOF
at the Red Hat Summit.  Unfortunately, my "whiteboard" page from that
appears to have been lost somewhere between New Orleans and here :/

Jeremy