Logos: everybody wants one but nobody seems to have any constructive comments. (was Re: Cool Fedora schwag idea)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 20:46:38 UTC 2005

On 6/30/05, seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> wrote:
> I think a logo that has a number of characters and the placement of the
> characters describe the shape of a hat in their positioning. So the hat
> exists in the blank space left by the other characters of the logo!

http://jef.is-a-geek.com/blank-hat.png

can you see the hat in the blank space in there?
Very rough.  I could probably abstract the bounding shapes a lot
better so they are each individually a little more pleasant to look
at. It will however be extreme hard to do this sort of thing with
detailed "characters" and still have it look reasonable at icon sizes.

But the basic question for Greg is... is the hat from blank space acceptable?

-jef