Fedora Users - Brazil

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Tue Nov 8 23:38:59 UTC 2005

Patrick Barnes <nman64 at n-man.com> wrote:

> Whether or not we should have i18n lists, we already have
> several.  We don't yet have a list in Portuguese.

Given the Brazilian market for Linux, that's probably a good
start.

> The real question is this: do we want lists only by
> language, as we currently have, or do we go ahead and
> break it down by region, too?  Dialects are quite different
> among the same language, so the latter probably makes
> more sense, IMHO.

I said "region" for a reason -- as you'll want several for
each language.  Brazil should clearly have its own list.

I guess I just cross a couple of ideas simultaneously (see my
clearly seeing a lot of business opportunities outside the US
in the immediate, surrounding Latin American market (although
not nearly far enough south that you cross too many dialects,
or see Portuguese).

> So, do we have fedora-pt-list, or do we go for
> fedora-pt-br-list?

I'd say just "br" for Brazil.  How it breaks down for
everything else, I leave to you'all.