Fedora Users - Brazil

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira rodrigopadula at sagraluzzatto.com.br
Wed Nov 9 02:01:41 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
>
>><tongue-in-cheek/"Team America">
>>No.  We need to add all sorts of letters after the original
>>to differentiate it from the "Real Fedora" which is always
>>in English and in the "Real America."  So how's
>>"pt-br-youbenotus-howsthattaste-etc"???
>></tongue-in-cheek/"Team America">
>

> Just in case anyone didn't get my few jokes, it's basically a
> self-realization and humor at my own, land-locked, American
> expense.  Far too often we Americans make other market
> considerations as after-thoughts.
>
> In fact, we should consider that any new Fedora list in the
> future have at least an "en" if not a "us" or "en-us" after
> it.  Especially since Fedora is not a product from an
> American company, just largely sponsored by an American
> company at this time.
>
> Just some considerations.  Sorry I interjected a couple of
> different ideas all at once -- like maybe creating an
> "es-us".  ;->

The question is that we have one fórum with 1300 users of the Fedora and
a community in the ORKUT with 1200 users and no list of quarrel!

Independent the name to be fedora-br or fedora-pt_br or another thing,
we need with urgency of this list :-)

I suggest to identify lists of users of this form:
FEDORA-USERS-COUNTRY
Then the list of Brazilian users would be FEDORA-USERS-BR

Exactly that they do not modify the existing lists already, would be
interesting that the new lists followed this standard.

Ahhh!  We also are American.... not only who we are born in the USA we
are American, you they are Americans of the North and us we are American
of the South      heheheh :-)
- --
            RODRIGO PADULA DE OLIVEIRA
  (o-   BACHAREL EM SISTEMAS DE INFORMAÇÃO
  //\   FACULDADE METODISTA GRANBERY - FMG
  V_/_
             PostgreSQL - PHP - Linux

         Membro Fundador do Gunix Linux
     	    http://www.gunix.com.br