Fedora Logo: Modifications and a new one

Joshua Wulf jwulf at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 23:59:02 UTC 2005

> This level of discussion is not moving things foward. If you have
> different modifications to present.. do like dfong did..create a set
> of modifications to the draft and present them.

Jef, it's not my intention to derail the process, so please don't
misread me. I respect the work that you and others have done to move
this forward to this point, and I'm not trying to move things backwards.

Not everyone is happy with the logo as it stands now (wait....)

As you are well aware, 100% consensus is a pipe dream, and there are
always going to be people who don't like it. At the same time, some
people are at ill at ease with the logo, but aren't able to put it
clearly into words.

I know that we are annoying with our drive-by opinions, "it just doesn't
look right" whining, and lack of a concrete proposal, but please humor
me while I make an attempt to crystallize my own thoughts, and coalesce
the concerns of others into *something that can be a valid and useful
input into further development of the logo*.

Please let me be clear: I understand the need for putting the stake into
the ground at some gosh darned point to *make it happen*, and to be
completely frank with you, I really admire and appreciate your focus and
your intensity (spleen ripping and all :-), which are making it happen.

I'm right behind you, with the rest of the stragglers. Please be patient
with me.

- josh "don't shoot - i'm on your side!" wulf