Fedora Users - Brazil

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Nov 9 00:54:31 UTC 2005

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira wrote:

> Patrick Barnes wrote:
>
>> Whether or not we should have i18n lists, we already have several.  We
>> don't yet have a list in Portuguese.  The real question is this: do we
>> want lists only by language, as we currently have, or do we go ahead and
>> break it down by region, too?  Dialects are quite different among the
>> same language, so the latter probably makes more sense, IMHO.  So, do we
>> have fedora-pt-list, or do we go for fedora-pt-br-list?
>>

> To be more clearly, it would not be better FEDORA-USERS-BR ?
>
> FEDORA-USERS-BR = Brazilian Users List

The existing i18n lists use "fedora-<language>-list", and I see no
reason to break from that.  The translation lists use the form "pt_br",
and that would probably be the way to go.  That would mean that a list
for Brazilian Portuguese would become "fedora-pt_br-list".  Changing the
naming scheme would be a big policy decision, but if we are going to
make any changes, now is better than later.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

www.n-man.com