Fedora Logo: Modifications and a new one

Robert 'Bob' Jensen marketing-list at fedoralinks.org
Wed Nov 16 07:34:00 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 23:14 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 20:41 -0800, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> > Problem is the symbol does not really attract anyone. We have
> > seen the reactions on fedoraforum.org. I even show it to
> > my family and friend, overall they didn't like it.
>
> I've been catching up on the discussions from last week on this subject.
>
> I sympathize with people who are coming later into this discussion and
> still feel there is a wide open field for debate.
>
> However, your comment above is in the category of saying, "Most people
> feel that ..."  Really, the only person you can talk about is yourself.
>
> Even if you read every single forum entry looking for feedback on the
> logo, you are still drawing from a self-selected survey.  These are
> people who cared enough to write something.  It could be that the people
> who liked the logo said, "Looks great," and went on with their day.
> We'll never really know.
>
> Where is the real traction?  It is from the people who read
> announcements, came to this mailing list, and got involved.  Nothing
> occurred in secret, a good effort was made to seek out feedback  Back
> then, when it was time for All New Ideas.
>
> Now we are here.
>
> I'm interested in seeing actual layouts using the new logo.  Anyone have
> some drafts they care to share?
>
> - Karsten

I have to admit I did not care for the the logo in the beginning. But as
time has gone on I have either started to like it or just resigned my
self to living with it. I am really not sure which.

Karsten you asked for example layouts, a few of us from #fedora have
started a project to bring content together under one roof if you will.
We are just getting started but we have our main site up but have yet to
pick a CMS that we want to live with. http://fedoraunity.org/ I pilfered
the header background from the Wiki and modified the final logo to work
on the dark background. Feel free to give us feed back on the site.

Robert 'Bob' Jensen
Complete Business Computer Consulting
Fedora Community Member
http://fedoralinks.org/