Selling systems with Fedora preloaded.

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Nov 28 21:37:47 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 16:03 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:

> And, lawyers or nay, you can totally do that, no matter what the trademark
> holder says, because it's functional, descriptive use.

Heh, thats what our lawyer told us (:

The question comes what can we get away with putting on the system
_before_ it goes out the door, and still advertise that we are
installing Fedora on it.

In the Red Hat Linux days, you couldn't even use Red Hat Linux or the
logo unless each system came with a purchased box set of Red Hat Linux.
Rather difficult to sell to a customer.

Since Fedora doesn't have boxed copies, this guideline obviously doesn't
work.  So I hope to work with the Fedora group and RH's lawyer to come
up with a new reasonable guide line that can be used with Fedora.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: