Fedora based distributions: An overview

Yoshihiro Totaka romttrom at ybb.ne.jp
Sat Oct 1 15:08:13 UTC 2005

Hi,

Not really a distribution, but below are commercial products using or
utilizing Fedora.

       Company Name
Orion Multisystems, Inc.
http://www.orionmulti.com/

       Product Name
DS-96
http://www.orionmulti.com/products/specs_ds96

       Major differences from Fedora
This is personal super computer which use customized Fedora core 2 for
its software

       Contact page
http://www.orionmulti.com/company/contact

       Classify them into groups based on functionality
Personal Super computer

       Company Name
NTT DATA Corporation

       Product Name
cell computing Gene (No English page yet)
http://www.cellcomputing.jp/products/product_gene.htm

       Major differences from Fedora
It adds packages developed by NTT Data and other open source softwares,
so Fedora Core 3 can work as a personal grid computing server.

       Add-on packages included
BOINC version 4.26
Apache version 2.0.50
PHP version 4.3.10
MySQL version 4.0.22
cell computing Gene managing console

       Contact page
https://www.cellcomputing.net/products/inquiry/

       Classify them into groups based on functionality
Fedora Core 3 Commercial add-on

Regards,
Yoshihiro Totaka