Fedora based distributions: An overview

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Sun Oct 2 23:33:33 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Christopher Aillon wrote:

> On 09/30/2005 10:30 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Fedora is the second highest base for a large number of distributions
> > right after Debian. There is a impressive 63 distributions based on
> > Fedora and 13 others based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux which itself is
> > based on Fedora. I havent counted Mandriva and others which are now
> > far apart from their lineage.
> >
> > That puts the final count as 76.
> 63 + 13 + 1 = 77
>
> :-)

And there are a lot you will never know about!  Roozbeh wrote in
his blog [1]:

FarsiWeb Linux: Today, we delivered the first version of our
home-made Fedora-baesd distribution to the Shell office in
Tehran. The good news is that they are also looking forward to
use that in some of their offices in other countries, starting
from the Syrian ones.

[1] http://www.advogato.org/person/roozbeh/diary.html?start=45

--behdad
http://behdad.org/