Fedora user testimonials

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Oct 28 15:43:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 13:05 +1000, David Barzilay wrote:
> I meant before publishing...

> On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 13:03 +1000, David Barzilay wrote:
> > I suggest having some sort of agreement before posting testimonials ;)

I almost wrote a post yesterday suggesting that we have a process to
approve testimonials before publishing them.

Then I realized ... why bother?  That kind of control is typical of a
closed marketing organization.

I don't want to get into the game of suggesting alternate wording for
people's testimonials, as I'm sure happens in closed marketing.  I don't
even want to correct misspellings, grammatical errors, branding
mistakes, or anything.

Here is my idea:

1. Let people post their testimonials.
2. We have a few people who watch that Wiki page, and pull down any
inappropriate or intelligible posts.

Otherwise, we let people use their own words.  If they publish their
words to the Wiki, they are under the agreement/license that the Wiki
has.

> > On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 21:57 -0500, John Mahowald wrote:
> > >
> > > One place where people leave feedback is on the fedoraforum.org Fedora
> > > Focus forum. Overall reviews are generally positive. Some of them may
> > > be willing to leave their testimonial.

We can just link from wiki/Testimonials to the direct feedback in
fedoraforum.org, right?  Yes, it will also let people read the
associated forum discussion, which is a fine thing.

Then we don't have to ask for permission, as we are linking to something
they have already published.

If there are any really good ones, we can ask for permission to
republish on the Wiki.  Then we might need some sort of a minimal
agreement, or to specify a different license for the material.

- Karsten
                       Red Hat SELinux Guide