Single CD Fedora distro

Joshua Wulf jwulf at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 05:21:26 UTC 2005

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> That's exactly what I'd like to do.
>
> However, there's two types of CD -- Live CD and Single Install CD.  I'm
> happy to solicit the completion of KDE and Gnome Live CDs for Fedora --
> but the Single Install CD is another matter.  The more I investigate, the
> more it appears as though we've painted ourselves into a corner with
> firstboot; basically, FC4 is *just too big* (allegedly) to install happily
> from one CD.  I'm still trying to get a good answer as to why this is.
>
> --g

I'll look into it too. If first boot is too big for a single install CD,
then firstboot has to go, because the Holy Grail of the single install
CD must be attained....

I'm speculating here because I'm not yet up on the live CD status, but
would a single install disk, while worthy in it's own right, be a
significant launching pad to a live CD?