Single CD Fedora distro

Jeremy Hogan jeremy.hogan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:59:10 UTC 2005

On 10/20/05, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:

> Actually, it's kinda the other way around. Live CD is an ideal way to
> play with a good package set that fits in about 700k, and knowing which
> packages are the right ones is a large part of the battle.

That was going to be my suggestion. The LiveCD will have to have made a
number of these choices, and ideally you could install from it (and add on
packegs post-install). Making it both a LiveCD and single CD install. Sort
of.

We'll never pick the right longer term sets of packages for everyone (or
else we'd never have gotten to 4 discs in the first place), so they can YUM
in whatever they need post install.

--jeremy