Pakistan and possible potential for fedora

Marc Wiriadisastra marc.w at smlintl.com.au
Thu Sep 15 01:36:50 UTC 2005

I was googling yesterday relating to some information about ISP's and
what type of OS's they were running when I came across an article on zdnet.

http://www.zdnetindia.com/news/features/stories/763,59271.html/

Now on top of that there was a university lecturer saying how OSS is
making huge inroads into Pakistan.  Now being in the marketing group is
there a way where we can capitalise on this and provide maybe some
information and or howto's or some further information to grow Fedora there?

I'm not sure how to go about this but I know personally the fact that
the government is getting involved is very different to just the
community getting involved.

Any ideas since to me I see it as an opportunity compared to for
instance my country of origin which is in a sad and useless state when
it comes to OSS and the government. :( e.g. The leader of the opposition
in my state doesn't know what linux is.

Regards,

Marc