[Fwd: The name of Breezy+1]

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Sep 15 05:45:33 UTC 2005

Colin Charles wrote:
> Next, I want you to pay close attention to the support - 3 years on the
> desktop, 5 years on the server. This is by the /community/ or even that
> Ubuntu Foundation thing which got pumped with a recent lot of cash
>
> Fedora is known to support to about Test1/2 of the next release, and
> Legacy then takes over until 3 fedora releases after. That gives roughly
> 2-2.5 years of updates/support, right, if we stuck to a hard on 6-month
> schedule?
>
>>From a marketing standpoint, what are your thoughts?

Will they drop the 6 months release cycle after this release? Will keep
the cycles but promote more the "stable" version? Will promote the
following releases letting 6.04 into shadow?

Or put in other way, will Ubuntu remain "the GNOME distro"? (hard to see
these days an article about GNOME where Ubuntu is not mentioned)

> From:
> Mark Shuttleworth <mark at canonical.com>
>
> It's 6.04 that will be up against Windows Vista, so let's make it a
> zinger and give folks a real choice.

What version of Fedora will be up against Windows Vista? Or we will not
have such a thing? (I guess it will be in the FC6 timeframe)

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats