Meeting minutes - 16/09/2005

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 21:19:23 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 13:58 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> I think there's also some logo with an orange speech bubble that is even
> closer in shape but I can't quite put my finger one that one either....

The "live bookmark" logo in firefox's status bar has a somewhat similar
feel because of its curved lines, and it's likely you see it every day,
but rarely look at it.

> P.S. This logo looks nice and could look even nicer with outlining and
> other tweaks but I don't think of Fedora when I see it or hear the
> slogan.

A good slogan should work the other way -- it should be something we
aspire to, and having it as a slogan helps us maintain focus.  I'm not
sure "infinite freedom" works toward that, but my impression is that we
should be thinking more about the logo and wordmark in this discussion.

As for the icon, that *becomes* something you think of Fedora upon
seeing.  It won't start that way, no matter how good or bad it is.

--
  Peter