Meeting minutes - 16/09/2005

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at jpopmail.com
Wed Sep 21 18:20:42 UTC 2005

	<fedora-marketing-list at redhat.com>

>Con: I don't think the fading of the blue as done here on the "f" into
>the white "infinity" helps with contrast. I think its even harder to
>see the "f" than with the original draft.  I would imagine that a grey
>scale version of that logo would suffer even more from contrast
>issues.

Perhaps giving a liquid look similar to water to the "f" will help. I also think about
italic handwriting "f" style inside the infinity symbol.

>Indifferent: I'm not sure what the overall fade to white on the right
>handside of the overall image is adding. Is it meant to give the
>speech balloon spherical "depth"? If thats the idea, there is room for
>improvement to keep a better defined edge while providing the 3-d
>shading. I have no feeling as to flat 2-d versus simulating 3-d
>shading. As long as there is a version that looks good in black and
>white. I guess if the logo is going to end up being an svg image, one
>could delibrate design a shading layer so the same svg could generate
>both flat and shaded versions of the logo.  There will be situations
>where a flat 2 or 3 color image are prefered over high gloss.

Yes, faded while gives a sense of depth. I actually use Inkscape to
reproduce the logo so it will be logical to make log as svg. I converted
it to opaque png as majority of users still use Internet Explorer (lack
of transparency for png).