The big What-Why-How

Marc Wiriadisastra marc.w at smlintl.com.au
Fri Sep 9 02:44:49 UTC 2005

Yeah I'm back well sortof I'm on half days to clear up some work that
hasn't been done :( Apologies for not showing up at the meeting being
ill sucks the big one.

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 14:11 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 19:43 +0100, Stuart Ellis wrote:
>
> > I actually wrote that content in a different context, as a working
> > analysis to show where we differ from other well-known desktops.
>
> I'd almost rather see us do a:
>
> Here are LOTS of reasons why Fedora is cool/useful/fun.
>
> We should focus on the specific things that we know we have and that we
> know other popular distros do not, but there is no need to target them
> by name.
>
> Honestly, all that does is give Gentoo and Ubuntu credibility, because
> it looks like they're the leaders, and we're playing catchup.

Yeah it does look like.  Giving examples is great making sure the
creation of those cool/useful/fun uses needs to be explained as well.
Which brings me to the point of how is istanbul going?  I've been
chasing it for creating some little desktop movies.

I mean wouldn't it be great to create a mini-movie howto of for example
how to install a new graphics card and look we created this compressed
video using oss software?

My $0.02

Regards

Marc