For this weeks meeting agenda...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Sun Sep 11 09:54:45 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 01:03 -0500, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> I don't know if that is really within the scope of this document.  We
> could very easily write entire pages on some of the points (and indeed
> we have) and trying to cram it all on this one page would result in a
> massive document that goes far beyond what we really want to present
> here.  On some of the points that require more elaboration, we can
> redirect the users to more information, or write sub-pages of the
> FedoraMyths page to hold the more in-depth information.  Please keep in
> mind that many people will only be interested in one or two of the
> points, and many novice users will be looking at this document.

Okay, I can thin my comments it out into 3-4 statements total.

But I think the current form is technically misleading.  Instead on
focusing on saying what is and isn't experimental, why not say that Red
Hat requires certain functions to work on a filesystem, JFS and ReiserFS
do not, and while XFS does, it's support is still experimental and not
as well tested.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com