For this weeks meeting agenda...

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Mon Sep 12 03:30:31 UTC 2005

What I'm unhappy about the "marketing" aspects of why XFS is _not_

>supported.  I would much rather Fedora/Red Hat say, "we can't afford the
>personnel to develop and support a 2nd filesystem."  That would be
>direct, fair and understanding.

The official answer for RHEL is here:
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_80_5737.shtm

>But the comments that Ext3 does everything XFS does, Ext3 does not have
>limitations that XFS solves, refer to it as "experimental" and other
>comments insult the intelligence of those of us who actually deploy
>Fedora/Red Hat solutions.
>
>That's the problem.  Again, if Red Hat says it does not want to support
>a 2nd filesystem, that's one thing.  But 99% of the comments I see on
>XFS, and why Fedora/Red Hat is not looking at it for the future, are
>full of FUD.

Again, You should be specific about what you consider FUD in the Fedora
Myths page. Avoid long rants.  If anyone is willing to step up and
maintain XFS or any other filesystem for that matter in Fedora, it can
be send to the fedora development list.

regards