Meeting minutes - 16/09/2005

Paul Stauffer paulds at bu.edu
Thu Sep 15 17:24:39 UTC 2005

> > I think the f is far too subtle. The shirt design in particular will
> > confuse people. It needs to come with the name wherever possible.

This was my initial reaction as well.

> Would outlining the f make it "pop" out for you more? Or are we

Hm, yes, that might make the difference...

> Yes, using the logo with the name everywhere you can will be key.. in the
> near term is going to be vital. Until you actually get immense
> quantifiable brand recognition the logo can't be used by itself.. it needs

+1

BTW, I think the trademark as a whole (symbol + wordmark) looks excellent.
And I like the look of the wordmark itself a lot; I think it really succeeds
in conveying the intended feeling.

--
Paul Stauffer <paulds at bu.edu>
Manager of Research Computing