Fedora International community websites

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 17:29:44 UTC 2005

The only way this will work, IMHO:

* Identify motivated bilingual folks;
* Have these folks put watches on the whole (English+their-language)
site;
* Build parallel wiki sites that are identical in structure;
* Charge these folks with the duties of
  (a) Translating from English -> language_x
  (b) AND translating back.

The key challenge, of course, is finding these individuals.  Technically,
it's not an insurmountable challenge.

Any chance we can get hold of the people who rus fedorawiki.de and see if
they'd be willing to run fp.o/wiki_de/ (or some such)?

One motivated person, and a little bit of wiki tweakage, can give us a
perfect test case.  Proof of concepts are everything with something like
this.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan