Marketing ideas -- foreign-born experts v. outsourced/H1B Visa "cheap guys"

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 15:27:46 UTC 2006

On 4/22/06, Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org> wrote:
> I'm a very frustrated American Engineer.  I'm seeing American businesses
> piss our country down the drain.  Not because developers are Indian,
> Irish or Israeli, but because with so much H1B Visa abuse and
> outsourcing, 90% of its is crap just because it saves money.

I'm pretty sure your congressperson isn't on this list so whatever
political agenda you seem to be on fire about, but its well outside
the scope of anything appropriate with regard to fedora discussion.
The specifics about US government's current Visa policies are at best
tangential discussion, at worst its a discussion destined to offend
because its clearly a deeply emotional issue for you and you have
lapsed into general venting about. It's time to let this particular
topic go on this list and its time for you to contact your
congressperson and vent.

-jef"Or how about I write a 40 page manfesto on how the current US
energy policy blows monkeychunks and point out the specifics as to
where open source transitioning works to reduce the cost of
diversifying the energy policy and then post it one page at a time to
this list over the next month or so"spaleta