Marketing ideas -- I have to strongly _disagree_ with 99% of this ...

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 22 07:55:20 UTC 2006

Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:

>> Excuse me?
>> This is not only terribly rude and offensive, it is also innacurate.
>> Perhaps, you should look up some indian open source Contributors.
>> From Sirtaj, one of the founding members of KDE,
>> Rahul, here on the Fedora Board,
>> The founder of Anjuta (which is named after his wife)
>> Shreyas S (gnome developer, ex maintainer of evo for mac until his mac
>> was pried from his hands)
>> Satish (writes a hell of a lot of kernel modules, and heads the Red Hat
>> bangalore offices)
>> Sankarshan
>> Runa B
>> Gopal Vijayraghavan, Lead developer of dotgnu,
>>
>> and I could go on for a while
>>
>> This comment is simply racist.
>
> You must have lived a very sheltered childhood.
> I too come from a military background, in fact my uncle is a retired
> Marine Captain
> and is now working as a civilian at the Pentagon. My Grandfather and
> Mother both
> are retired military, my Grandfather being a veteran of Vietnam.
>
> It may have been off-key, but racist??

I must also include, I was already put-off by asking why we had
Fedora Ambassadors spying on Mandriva install parties on this list.

I don't know what is or isn't the job, idealogy or focus of Ambassadors
but I can say personally that isn't how things work around my house.
Spying on other projects install parties to better yourself is exactly
what it was, whether you want to take it in that context or not.

In any case I had shown the mails to a few people and they were less than
impressed. I think the ambassadors need to stop with the tunnel vision and
try to think about priorities. As an Ambassador I would think it is in your
focus to promote Fedora Core, end of story.

J. Hartline