[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora seeks women developers

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 13:41:55 UTC 2006

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Rahul wrote:

> Hi
>
> A rather narrow interpretation and IMO misleading opinion on what the
> project aims.  We are trying to bring out the already existing community
> to encourage the awareness and the community is not limited to
> developers or coders at all. Patrick, you might want to send a response
> back.
>
> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/developer/0,39020387,39280223,00.htm

We leave ourselves open to misinterpretation when we launch a project with
vague goals, and then announce it to the world.

Still, I'm of the mind that any press is good press.  Now we need to
figure out how to capitalize on it.

Having an actual *woman* speaking on behalf of Fedora Women might be a
good start, in fact.  And if we can't find a woman who's willing to do
it... well, that indicates another problem, doesn't it?

--g