[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora seeks women developers

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Aug 1 14:28:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Rahul wrote:

> Now would be a good time to note that this wasnt actually discussed
> before being announced afaik.

Heh.  Yeah, we know that, but to the world that's reporting on it, it's
irrelevant.  :)

This is one of those things where someone took the initiative to make
something happen.  Good.  That's what people are supposed to do.  Of
course, when my wife asked me "why is a dude announcing this?" it was a
little tricky for me to answer.

So anyway -- a couple of practical questions:

1. Who's the maintainer of the fedora-women-list?  Is it a woman, and if
not, can we make it a woman?

2. How many people have joined the list since the announcement was made?

--g