[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora seeks women developers

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Tue Aug 1 18:38:55 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 09:37, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
> Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> > So anyway -- a couple of practical questions:
> >
> > 1. Who's the maintainer of the fedora-women-list?  Is it a woman, and if
> > not, can we make it a woman?
>
> I believe Patrick is. I wouldn't mind taking over.
>
> > 2. How many people have joined the list since the announcement was made?
>
> Since the list started, six women have posted introductions (Karlie,
> Jeanette, Sasikala, Anne, Tracy, and myself.) On top of that I'm sure
> Runa is a member, so there's seven women on the least at a minimum (I
> don't have access to the membership list so there could be more lurking.)

I've added Máirín as a list administrator alongside myself and Max.  There are
currently 34 list members.  Slashdot seems to have only led to a handful of
joins.  Most of the members joined following the announcement to
fedora-announce-list.  My part in this program arose only because I was
better able to get it up and running than Runa or a few of the other women
that had expressed interest in the idea.  I'm crunched for time right now,
but I'll be addressing this thread more later.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/