[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora usability : a new project?

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 8 20:08:19 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Also I have my fingers in enough pies today I hope someone will take up
> the program and make it real, but I've little time to contribute myself.
> Though this is a direct result of trying to engage upstream alone as
> we're supposed to do nowadays.

Are there any other distro-specific usability groups out there?

I'm kind of confused at the goal of a distro-specific usability group.
Doesn't it make more sense to work with an upstream usability group such
as the GNOME Usability Project (which is somewhat dormant AFICT)? Has
someone tried to engage upstream via projects such as this and met with
resistance? (this is the feeling I get from your email?)

Where I see a distro-specific usability group being useful:

- Software update tool usability (because different distros handle this
differently)
- Infrastructure usability (e.g. usability of the Fedora website(s),
account system, bugzilla, etc.)

But neither appears to be the goal...?

~m