[Fedora-marketing-list] fedora legacy

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Dec 19 19:30:25 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 14:18, Matthew Miller wrote:
> It's not fair to blame the volunteers. There wasn't the right
> infrastructure for volunteers, either. Chicken and egg. Possibly someone
> awesome and energetic could have seized the project and ran with it (as
> Jesse did to start it), but that's a lot to hope for and too much to count
> on.

I don't believe the infrastructure was all that much of a problem.  People who
came to me with interest in helping out got access to the tools to help out.
Some learning curve, but not much.  Other people helped with filing bug
reports, or testing packages.  Even those dropped off, which is a telling
sign.