Long-term plan for Fedora logo usage

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Jan 3 15:39:46 UTC 2006

This thread gives me an opportunity to let everyone in on the long-term
strategy for Fedora logo usage.

In the short term, I am the gate for Fedora logo requests.  I've just
returned from holiday, and I'll be authorizing logo usage requests myself
later today.  I'll also be noting the general patterns of WHY people are
requesting usage, gathering instances of "typical cases."

Once I've got a good sample, I'll take these "typical cases" to counsel,
and we'll build a clickthru usage policy.  People will be able to read a
set of very basic guidelines, agree to them, give us contact information,
and then they will be granted logo images and permission automatically.

Should take no more than a couple of months.

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan