development cycle (Was: Re: What's New in Fedora Core 5 Test2 (LWN): Some comments)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jan 30 10:55:08 UTC 2006

Am Montag, den 30.01.2006, 16:03 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> Hi
>

> >> Developers have been
> >>communicating that this release cycle was only for FC5 for quite a while
> >>now.
> >Yeah, and it seems that was not enough.
> >
> Depends on where you get the information from. For example, distrowatch
> corrected its previous misconception recently.
> http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20060123#1

That's not "official" -- the german wikipedia writers of the
"Fedora_Core" entry read it there as well but still are not convinced.
The last entry in the discussion is:
---
Ich lese da: "For Fedora Core 6, we should be going back to the more
regular 6-ish months." "Also eher weniger sicher. Warten wir doch
einfach mal ab, was da noch so folgt, zumal das eh nicht einmalig
gewesen sein kann, da FC4 auch schon später raus kam"
---
Roughly translated:
---
I read there: "For Fedora Core 6, we should be going back to the more
regular 6-ish months." Thus rather less surely.  Let's wait what
follows, particularly since that cannot have been unique, because FC4
also came already later"
---