[Fedora-marketing-list] FWN Column

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 9 22:30:00 UTC 2006

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> NOTE: Followup set to fedora-marketing-list at redhat.com
>
> Fedora Weekly News, in association with the Fedora Documentation
> Project, is soon to start a new regular column devoted to giving answers
> to common user problems.  The result would be similar to "Ask Shadowman"
> in Red Hat Magazine -- somewhat like a weekly FAQ, with the significant
> difference being that it's completely Fedora-centric, and we have the
> ability to be a bit more current through dipping into the input stream
> in real time.

Sorry I couldnt respond to this while the earlier discussion came up but
  if we are starting a column, we should be expanding the scope of it a
bit more. "Ask Shadowman" is useful because it doesnt limit the column
to merely tech support questions. We can ask things like say " Why
should I switch from Slackware to one of the Red Hat products" and still
get an answer.

http://www.redhat.com/magazine/020jun06/departments/ask_shadowman/

So in my opinion we are better off renaming the column as "Ask Fedora"
or something like that and let the community ask whatever they want to.
I was about to start my own blog series
(http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/008505.html) or 108
community "Ask Rahul" and get all the glory but I will sacrifice that
now for the greater cause.