[Fedora-marketing-list] Preparation of Fedora T-shirts

Karlie Robinson karlie.robinson at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 27 15:02:49 UTC 2006

Pawel Sadowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question in connection with production of Fedora T-shirts. Due
> to many incoming Linux events in autumn, I will need a large amount of
> the T-shirts. Because it is much cheaper to produce it locally, I have
> decided to cooperate with a Polish shop which sells stuff connected with
> Linux and Open Source (www.linuxstuff.pl). I am thinking of something
> about 200 T-shirts. It will cost a significiant amount of money, so it
> will be difficult to cover it by my own prior to get reimbursement.
> Would it be possible to e.g. get half of the needed amount and pay to
> the shop and later, after the stuff is received, pay them the second
> half, or something like that? Or maybe have you other ideas how to
> proceed that?
>
> Regards,
> Pawel Sadowski

Have you talked with the vendor about Sponsoring the shirts?  As in you
would they be willing to cover part of the costs of the shirts for your
Fedora events if their logo was included on the shirt?

You want to give away 200 shirts, that's 200 people walking around with
an advert for the vendor - there is value there.