Fedora web site. The "I'm feeling lucky" test.

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Wed Jun 7 10:17:23 UTC 2006

Don't flame me, just making an observation and voicing an opinion ( and
we all know about those ).

I typed the following terms into google and hit "I'm feeling Lucky" and
this is what I felt about the results..

"mandriva"  - Looks clean, but driven by a marketing team.
"centos" - Perfectly functional to me.
"ubuntu" - Neat, clean, works.
"suse" - Pretty good, typical corporate site.
"xandros" - Much the same comment I have for Suse.
"yellow dog" - And again, but more slick.
"knoppix" - Lots of penguins, not pretty, but info and download links
are easy to find.
"slackware" - Very basic, which suits what slackware is actually.
"turbolinux" - Easy enough to find what I need, not the nicest looking
by far though.
"red flag linux" - Works for me.
"redhat" - Nice, good layout of information, get quickly into the area I
want.
"debian" - Not pretty at all, but works.
"fedora" - Without doubt the most disappointing, and least exciting
result of the bunch.

Of the fedora sites I tend to lean towards fedoraproject.org being the
nicest, fedora.info coming in second, while fedora.us is down for me so
I can't tell.

I tend to think the same as Bill Hicks when it comes to marketing but it
would be nice if Fedora was better represented.

Is anybody working on perhaps improving the situation or would this be
deemed low priority / unimportant ?

Cheers.