Fedora web site. The "I'm feeling lucky" test.

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Wed Jun 7 19:05:54 UTC 2006

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> I was thinking about this the other day, and I think that
> fedraproject.org should also host the "international" sites of Fedora,
> in other words a single place for all things Fedora.

That wouldn't be a bad idea at all. The french team is doing something
like that:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/fr_FR

and he greek team is thinking about doing it as well.

Furthermore, I'd agree with Naoki about the quality. I believe it's
important to give more weight on marketing and what the user needs. The
first impression is important, and also important is finding (as a user)
what you need, quickly.

An idea is to separate a bit the development part from the user part on
the website. The first pages should be carefully designed and organized.
And this can be done from inside the wiki as well (we don't have to do
it outside /wiki/ I mean).

An example of good/simple design for a frontpage is the mozilla.org
website. And of course, the clean design of fedora.redhat.com is nice.

D.

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/