FC5: beats& Press Release (draft impress doc)

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 20 16:48:08 UTC 2006

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

>Stephen Krenzel <sgk284 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>It helps us better understand how other distributions are going
>>about promoting themselves and how effective it is for them.
>>By learning from other's mistakes, our own successes should
>>become more frequent.
>>

>I have to agree.  We don't live in a vacuum, and I regularly run into
>over-marketing of other distros and, often in tandem,
>mis-understandings of what Fedora is.
>
>So many people who have _never_ used Fedora Core call it "unstable."
>It is based on 100% assumptions of what Fedora Core is, and 0% actual
>usage.  Or in the best case, they had an issue with the installer and
>left it at that.

Yes, but as a an ambassador marketing Fedora Core isn't about coaxing
one to
believe something other than what they already do, but to prove what
they believe
whether it be unstability or what-not to not actually be _fact_.

Anyhow. I just got back from a doctors office and he has never heard of
Fedora Core
or Redhat, but I briefly explained it to him and he seemed to
acknowledge the _facts_.

Bye now, have a great day!

J. Hartline