a new look to Red Hat's Fedora pages

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 21 20:47:21 UTC 2006

Max Spevack wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to take a second to point out some of the recent changes that
> have been made to the Fedora pages that are a part of www.redhat.com,
> coinciding with the release of fc5.
>
> If you take a look, you'll see that we are running a promo on the
> www.redhat.com homepage that announces the release of fc5, and that
> clicking through it will drive you to www.redhat.com/fedora which has
> also taken on a new look.  The fc5 release is a big deal around here,
> and we're treating it as such.
>
> If you remember the old page that used to be there, you will remember
> that it was fairly devoid of information, and it did not make it
> particularly easy for the user to make it over to either
> fedora.redhat.com or to fedoraproject.org
>
> That has all changed -- we have a bunch of direct links into
> fedoraproject.org that make it very clear (I hope) what the current
> version of Fedora is, how to download it, and other useful
> information, while playing well with the look and feel of Red Hat's
> other "top level" pages.
>
> I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and reactions.  Let me know
> what you think, and whether or not you thing the new
> www.redhat.com/fedora does a good job of providing a window into the
> heart of the Fedora Project.

I love the new page much better than the earlier version but a link to
http://www.redhat.com/software/rhelorfedora/ is missing. We really
should get spend some good amount of effort in revamping
fedoraproject.org content with the new cms system in place
(http://fpserv.fedoraproject.org/) and dismantle fedora.redhat.com after
setting up appropriate redirects. I think we need help with the content
and organization for fedoraproject.org from within Red Hat for the
initial design. Shouldnt be too much work but is extremely critical that
we dont retain a annoyingly sparse fedora.redhat.com for too long.