Fedora Presentation Video

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 14:34:14 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 10:27 +0200, Thomas Canniot wrote:
> Le dimanche 26 mars 2006 à 08:44 +0530, Tejas Dinkar a écrit :
> > On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 18:03 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > Thanks again for your enthusiasm and contribution.  I'm sure the group
> > > can figure out the right answer shortly.
> >
> > In short, paul++
> >
> > I compare this to an open source program written in proprietary Java.
> >
> OK :)
>
> Here is the video in ogg theora. The avi file doesn't exist anymore!
>
> http://mrtomlinux.org/fedora-movie.ogg
>
> The video has been updated a bit, i found it too fast however. I have to
> fix that.

Thomas (Canniot), can you get in touch with Thomas (Chung) and put up a
new wiki page describing to people how you can create these movies in a
non-proprietary format, and convert to Ogg?  I don't know much about
video formats, so I'm hoping you two could report on the tools available
on, or for, Fedora to do some of this stuff.  That would be really
helpful for people who want to get into the creative aspects.

The point is not necessarily that we have to do all of this ON Fedora,
because the products available on our platform right now are not as
efficient as some of the proprietary solutions.  But maybe we can help
figure out, at the same time as we're creating materials, where the gaps
are in the toolchain, so they can be addressed.