New Member introduction

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Mon Mar 27 02:46:41 UTC 2006

Good evening, all.

Greg DeKoenigsberg suggested I join this list and introduce myself.

First off, I'm Karlie Robinson.  I am the Owner of Webpath Technologies
in Rochester, NY, USA.  Our current focus is On-Disk.com and the
Developers Portal at http://portal.on-disk.com

What makes On-Disk.com different from the countless other FOSS-on-a-disc
vendors,  is that we want to be a vehicle for independent software and
digital media developers.  Allowing them to fund their projects when a
user orders a CD/DVD with their release.

I won't trouble the list with all the details since most of them can be
found on our websites.  But, please feel free to email me with any
questions you may have.  I'm happy to answer them.

Now to the reason Greg asked me to write...

Background - On-Disk.com will do custom downloads to disc and we get
requests for Fedora.  So I asked Greg about listing with us via the
portal.  Due to the vow never to monetize Fedora, listing with us
doesn't really work.

Since C5 was released, the requests for custom burns warrants adding
Fedora to our catalog (which isn't done yet).

Today while I was digging in the wiki for fodder for the listing, I came
across the FreeMedia project and had an idea.

Below is the email I sent to Greg for you to comment upon.  (FYI, Todd
is my husband/business partner/*nix monkey)

I look forward to talking with you,
Karlie Robinson