non-technical press release

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Mar 14 20:35:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 10:16 -0500, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 06:12 -0600, Robert 'Bob' Jensen wrote:
> > I am wondering if there will be an official non-technical press release
> > that I could send to my local paper. If not would anyone be interested
> > in helping write one that we could get a blessing for?
> >

> I am assuming you mean for FC5?  There should be the general press
> release which shouldn't be too technical, but if you want to get one
> done otherwise, email me off list and we should be able to cobble one
> together.

The one we are doing for FC 5 is not a generic-like press release.  It
directly appeals to the Linux user and would make little sense those
without some technical clue.

If you can throw together five or seven paragraphs that cover:

* What (FC 5 release)
* What Fedora Project is
* Blurb about how cool FLOSS is and why
* What killer features are here that would attract the general desktop
user
* One or two links (v. the 10,000 in the technical PR)

That would be great.  I want to see this available, as well.

We have a press-release module that has a template, DTD, and Makefile
for doing press releases.  We need a new module to contain the actual
content, I'll get that set up.

- Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject