[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora LiveCD build#002

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Mar 16 14:23:40 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On 3/16/06, J. Hartline <jasperhartline at adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>>Fedora Core 5 final is going to be released on the targeted March 20th date.
>>Why not try to build a FC5 ISO, rather than a FC5 test 3 ISO with buggy
>>packages that have updates?
>

> I don't have FC5 iso yet.
> This iso I have built on sunday.
> but due to certain difficulties encountered with the upload , Filip
> managed to make it possible for me to upload the iso last night.

I do not want do dismiss by any means your great work in producing this
so much needed LiveCD, but leave me outline what will happen in practice
and why I think releasing now a LiveCD of Test3 is unfortunate:
- the release of FC5 is due in 4 days from now, this mean it will start
to propagate to mirrors a few days in advance;
- it *will* hit torrent sites immediately after the propagation start,
which effectively will be at the same time with the availability of the
LiveCD;
- a large people will confuse the two, considering the LiveCD to
represent the final FC5, due to the apparent simultaneous release.

You can't limit the spread of the LiveCD and a tag on it stating "Test3"
will not be enough.

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/