Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora LiveCD build#002

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
On 3/16/06, J. Hartline <jasperhartline adelphia net> wrote:

Fedora Core 5 final is going to be released on the targeted March 20th date.
Why not try to build a FC5 ISO, rather than a FC5 test 3 ISO with buggy
packages that have updates?

I don't have FC5 iso yet.
This iso I have built on sunday.
but due to certain difficulties encountered with the upload , Filip
managed to make it possible for me to upload the iso last night.

I do not want do dismiss by any means your great work in producing this so much needed LiveCD, but leave me outline what will happen in practice and why I think releasing now a LiveCD of Test3 is unfortunate: - the release of FC5 is due in 4 days from now, this mean it will start to propagate to mirrors a few days in advance; - it *will* hit torrent sites immediately after the propagation start, which effectively will be at the same time with the availability of the LiveCD; - a large people will confuse the two, considering the LiveCD to represent the final FC5, due to the apparent simultaneous release.

You can't limit the spread of the LiveCD and a tag on it stating "Test3" will not be enough.

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/