a new look to Red Hat's Fedora pages

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Mar 21 20:38:28 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I wanted to take a second to point out some of the recent changes that
have been made to the Fedora pages that are a part of www.redhat.com,
coinciding with the release of fc5.

If you take a look, you'll see that we are running a promo on the
www.redhat.com homepage that announces the release of fc5, and that
clicking through it will drive you to www.redhat.com/fedora which has also
taken on a new look.  The fc5 release is a big deal around here, and we're
treating it as such.

If you remember the old page that used to be there, you will remember that
it was fairly devoid of information, and it did not make it particularly
easy for the user to make it over to either fedora.redhat.com or to
fedoraproject.org

That has all changed -- we have a bunch of direct links into
fedoraproject.org that make it very clear (I hope) what the current
version of Fedora is, how to download it, and other useful information,
while playing well with the look and feel of Red Hat's other "top level"
pages.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and reactions.  Let me know what
you think, and whether or not you thing the new www.redhat.com/fedora does
a good job of providing a window into the heart of the Fedora Project.

--
Max Spevack <mspevack{at}redhat.com>                 gpg key: mspevack.asc
http://people.redhat.com/mspevack/                  fingerprint: 5A17 CF21