Phoronix.com - Interview: Greg DeKoenigsberg

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 22 20:28:46 UTC 2006

On 3/22/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Michael Larabel wrote:
>
> > Good Day,
> >
> > An interview of Fedora/Red Hat's Greg DeKoenigsberg has been posted.
> > This interview relates largely to the new implementations found in
> > Fedora Core 5 as well as some general information pertaining to the
> > Fedora Project.
> >
> > http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=6081
>
> Pretty informative. Thanks for passing on the link.

Agree. Specially I like this part:

Greg DeKoenigsberg: I think FUDCons have been absolutely essential to
our success.
As Chris Blizzard and I rode around Delhi during our visit to FUDCon
India, Chris said to me, "what if open source is just a side effect of
people wanting to work together?" I think that this was a profound
observation. To me, it's one of the most important reasons for having
FUDCons. IRC is great, but having a beer with somebody -- or even
having somebody tell you off to your face -- is an irreplaceable
personal experience, and one that's central to building lasting
communities.
So come to FUDCon Boston 2006 on April 7th. Go to
fedoraproject.org/FUDCon for more details.

Regards,
--
Thomas Chung