Fedora Presentation Video

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Sun Mar 26 14:54:43 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 26 mars 2006 à 09:34 -0500, Paul W. Frields a écrit :
> On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 10:27 +0200, Thomas Canniot wrote:
> > >
> > > In short, paul++
> > >
> > > I compare this to an open source program written in proprietary Java.
> > >
> > OK :)
> >
> > Here is the video in ogg theora. The avi file doesn't exist anymore!
> >
> > http://mrtomlinux.org/fedora-movie.ogg
> >
> > The video has been updated a bit, i found it too fast however. I have to
> > fix that.
>
> Thomas (Canniot), can you get in touch with Thomas (Chung) and put up a
> new wiki page describing to people how you can create these movies in a
> non-proprietary format, and convert to Ogg?  I don't know much about
> video formats, so I'm hoping you two could report on the tools available
> on, or for, Fedora to do some of this stuff.  That would be really
> helpful for people who want to get into the creative aspects.
>
> The point is not necessarily that we have to do all of this ON Fedora,
> because the products available on our platform right now are not as
> efficient as some of the proprietary solutions.  But maybe we can help
> figure out, at the same time as we're creating materials, where the gaps
> are in the toolchain, so they can be addressed.

Well, i searched a bit about converting avi videos files into ogg
theora, and the only viable thing i found was ffmpeg2theora, which is
also the only converter available from theora.org.

Their link to
http://www.dogphilosophy.net/SECTION-Technical_Stuff/ogg-theora-microhowto.html is broken, too bad really.

Thomas Canniot