Logo guidelines status

chasd at silveroaks.com chasd at silveroaks.com
Fri May 19 17:16:49 UTC 2006

>> In other words, why would you want to use the font from the logo
>> anywhere else in a design ?
> Not the font, but the logo itself, the way I see it they are actually
> two logos: The bubbling f with enclosed within the infinity symbol, and
> the word "fedora" written with the font (for identity), so you have a
> text logo and an image logo.

The way I see it, the logo is the combination of the the two parts you
mention.

But it doesn't matter what I think or what you think, it matters how
"the logo" is defined as in the usage guide.

Which is why the usage guide is important. What constitutes the logo
and how it is used becomes not a personal decision on a case by case
basis, but a uniform policy.

Sign me Spaleta-style,
Charles "I used to be a designer, but I lost my tools"  Dostale