The Increasing Importance of Community

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon May 1 18:08:58 UTC 2006

A reasonably interesting read -- a bit fanboyish toward Ubuntu in places,
but here is one part that jumped out at me regarding Fedora:

"It is evident that with a strong community behind these distributions,
they can indeed become better in terms of engineering and adoption. Fedora
is a classic example of this - as it has become more and more community
driven, the quality has grown further and further. It is now a very
impressive distribution and one that has a comprehensive backbone of
developers, documentation writers, translators and users."

http://oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/9330
http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/05/01/110203

Continuing to build a strong community around Fedora is one of the most
important things that we can do.  We've made good progress in the last few
months.  Gotta keep the momentum going.

--
Max Spevack
+ http://people.redhat.com/mspevack/