Re: New logo guidelines and web design elements posted

On Sunday 28 May 2006 01:59, Máirín Duffy <duffy redhat com> wrote:

> To be fair about the PSD format wiki design mockups.... You need to
> show/hide layers in that PSD to be able to view the entire design. An open
> format that Photoshop can actually handle like PNG wouldn't work, right,
> since it's flat[1]? The GIMP opens the PSD and is able to display these
> layers, no problem. Since they were created in Adobe Photoshop (I'm
> assuming)... Photoshop doesn't exactly allow you to save as or export to
> XCF (the GIMP's native format.)

This is a common case.  If the original proprietary program (Photoshop) can't
directly save to an open format, then the contributor should use another tool
(the GIMP) to convert the file from a proprietary format (PSD) to the best
open format possible (XCF).  It is the responsibility of the original
contributor to make this conversion.  Consider it to be the price of using a
proprietary program.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 n-man com