Re: New logo guidelines and web design elements posted

Máirín Duffy wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:

Two .exe to run is easy enough: http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

Yep, as I mentioned earlier, the GTK+2 runtime & actual GIMP installer. I'm not saying it's rocket science, but it is complicated by involving two separate packages *plus* all of the jargon written on the page. It *could* be easier.

GIMPShop is a single package and is available for both Windows and Mac. I give no direct link as i do not want to endorse the fork, ask Google and feel lucky.

I recently introduced GIMP on Windows to a complete microserf (does not know anything beside Visual Studio and is a newbie in using graphic software) who had no problem installing and learning it (with some lessons from http://gug.sunsite.dk/?page=tutorials), she even managed to produce a decent looking website with GIMP made graphics.

Again though, a technical user leading a more non-technical user....

Sorry, but we are here on a Fedora mailing list not in the primary school, i would expect all subscribers to have a minimum of technical knowledge. If the contributor is able to follow written instructions and generate a public/private key pair he should be also able to follow written instructions and install GTK on Windows.

--
nicu