New logo guidelines and web design elements posted

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon May 29 05:56:06 UTC 2006

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>
>> Two .exe to run is easy enough:
>> http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
>
> Yep, as I mentioned earlier, the GTK+2 runtime & actual GIMP installer.
> I'm not saying it's rocket science, but it is complicated by involving
> two separate packages *plus* all of the jargon written on the page. It
> *could* be easier.

GIMPShop is a single package and is available for both Windows and Mac.
I give no direct link as i do  not want to endorse the fork, ask Google
and feel lucky.

>> I recently introduced GIMP on Windows to a complete microserf (does
>> not know anything beside Visual Studio and is a newbie in using
>> graphic software) who had no problem installing and learning it (with
>> some lessons from http://gug.sunsite.dk/?page=tutorials), she even
>> managed to produce a decent looking website with GIMP made graphics.
>
> Again though, a technical user leading a more non-technical user....

Sorry, but we are here on a Fedora mailing list not in the primary
school, i would expect all subscribers to have a minimum of technical
knowledge. If the contributor is able to follow written instructions and
generate a public/private key pair he should be also able to follow
written instructions and install GTK on Windows.

--
nicu