Re: New logo guidelines and web design elements posted

Listen, the main point I am trying to make is that we should be happy that people are contributing design work, no matter what format it is presented in. From looking at them, it is obvious Matt's contributions represent a significant investment in time and effort and we should appreciate that. Rather than complaining about the use of proprietary formats, it would be better for us to help educate those that use them about what FOSS alternatives are available and help them transition over to using open formats and hopefully FOSS as well to create the artwork.

Can we make a policy of only accepting artwork in an open format, listing out acceptable formats, and offer to help anyone who needs help in converting their stuff for submission?

Accentuate the positive, and work to improve the negative... Sound reasonable?

~m